The top eight most popular Small Business Web Design Mistakes
8 Not including your contact information on the home page. Do not expect prospective customers to find your contact information. Feed them on every page.
9) stock photos or graphics. Use pictures on your site a custom look. I looked at hundreds of sites in a particular category, and to my surprise I see more and more of the same picture.
No Logo. Get your logo! Do it yourself, if you have one. You can even take pictures and use as the logo does not matter, just be. Even the gang members are smart enough to come with the logo.
7) No email contact importer. I understand privacy issues, but you can not afford the simplest way to those who contact your business to your site? Form of a single e-mail address ex. Info @ Info dot com. Make sure that it can be seen by the user.
Contact or order form. Your site has the opportunity to sell your company 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There should at least ask about them is the price?
5) Flash intro page. There are no adequate words to describe how much I detest those things. Why do not you just tell the search index “I do not want you here.” All of you or your web designer to search harder to find out what your site is all about a mistake that could cost your business thousands of dollars.
4) automatic video. Please respect you enough to let potential customers click to play something before it blasts them with audio and video. It is a respect thing, and you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
3) NO Meta code or improper use of meta tags. This snippet of a small business website can make or break a site’s ability to be indexed by search engines. Not quite right, it cost thousands of dollars in small business owner.
2) the content, nothing to do with the business or sell. Sometimes read on websites leaves me dumbfounded. I have read of the business owners of marriage proposals in their favorite recipes and hobbies of your site’s first page. I agree, it is highly individualized small business website, but do not forget the time and place of all.
1), targeting the site “home” or “Welcome.” Unless what your business sells or has a direct connection with these conditions, try something else. I would imagine there are hundreds of millions, if not more of the sites, called “home” or “Welcome.” Probably not a good number to try to compete with search engine rankings.
This list of ten common mistakes made in small business web sites clearly shows why a small business owner should invest some money into their website, created by a professional. The site is not a postcard, but it is interactive and estate sales professional for your company. Small business web site is after all only state organization that has the ability to sell the company’s twenty-four hours a day, three hundred sixty days a year. Many times when a person visits your site is just for your company to convert them into paying customers. Take full advantage of the power and value, well built small business website can provide your company.